Do you suffer from neck pain due to long hours of sitting or poor posture? Regular exercise can help alleviate the pain and improve your posture. Here are five effective exercises you can do to relieve neck pain:
- Neck Stretches: Gently tilt your head to one side, bringing your ear towards your shoulder. Hold for 10-15 seconds, and then repeat on the other side. Repeat this exercise 3-4 times on each side.
- Shoulder Rolls: Roll your shoulders forward and backward in a circular motion. Do 10-15 rolls in each direction, and then switch directions.
- Chin Tucks: Sit up straight and slowly tuck your chin towards your chest, as if making a double chin. Hold for a few seconds and then release. Repeat this exercise 10-15 times.
- Side Bends: Sit up straight and place your right hand on the top of your head. Gently pull your head towards your right shoulder. Hold for 10-15 seconds, and then repeat on the other side. Do this exercise 3-4 times on each side.
- Chest Opener: Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and interlace your fingers behind your back. Gently straighten your arms and lift your chest towards the ceiling. Hold for 10-15 seconds and then release.
Remember to start slowly and gently, and don’t push yourself beyond your limits. If you experience any pain or discomfort, stop the exercise and consult with your healthcare provider. By incorporating these exercises into your daily routine, you can effectively reduce neck pain and improve your overall posture.