There are many reason of your knee pain. It may be reason of injury or any other reason. You may also feel pain in your knee when our age is increase more than approx 60+. Physical therapy and knee braces can help to reduce this pain. Exercise really benefits in such condition, however in some of case you should consult your doctor in some cases. The location and severity of knee pain may vary, depending on the cause of the problem.
How you will decide that you need help of doctors. In following conditions you may need to consult your doctor help.
- If you can not bear weight on your knees
- If you see redness and swelling in your knee with pain
- If you are not able to easily extend your knee
- If you have injury and it is associated with your knee
Now lets see how how you can exercise for your knee pain at home
There are different exercise tips for knee pain. Please checkout following and try yourself at home.
Calf raises are an easy, low-impact method for strengthening the gastrocnemius and soleus. This exercise strengthens the back of your lower legs, which includes your calf muscles.
How to do :
- You just stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Then hold on to the back of a chair for support
- You lift both your heels off the ground . Raise up on balls of feet, and hold for 2 seconds.
- Just slowly lower your heels to the starting position.
- Follow these steps for 10 to 15 times
This is one of easy method to exercise your knee. Without using any costly machine you can do this at your home easily. Here you need to strengthen your quadriceps.
How to do:
- First sit on chair with straight vertical your back body
- Now just put your feet on the floor
- You just look straight ahead
- Then extend one leg as high as possible
- Then keep legs up for 2 to 5 seconds and then down it
- Follow these steps for 8 to 10 times